About: Clarinet Hands-on Workshop
Ozwinds Woodwind Repair is presenting instrumental maintenance and hands-on workshops to provide you with the knowledge and expertise to improve your educational outcomes. Instrumental teachers will be able to apply these hours to PD accreditation.
Here are the main points you’ll find on this page. There are 3 parts:
- Date and Time details for the General Woodwind Workshop
- A brief summary of what will be involved in the workshop
- The action you need to take right now
Section 1. Events and Dates
• Date: See dates listed in Events Calendar• Duration: 3.5hrs• Venue: Ozwinds, Stones Corner• Limit of 15 attendees• Cost: $80 needed to secure your seat ($60 if booked before 19th Feb)• Topic: General Maintenance, woodwind instruments
Section 2. Summary of the Events
This will be an information workshop designed to educate and encourage discussion of general day-to-day maintenance of woodwind and brass instruments that should be followed by every instrumental player.
What you will learn:• What are the biggest causes of maintenance costs and how you can reduce them• Ways you can get more from your music budget by following specific care procedures• How the seasons and weather affect your instruments and your related repair costs• How simple/common tools (eg cork grease) can create just as many problems as they solve• Information sheets that cover the main topics discussed• Further details will be provided as the date approaches
Section 3. What you need to do right now
All you need to do is to click the Register button at the bottom of this page. Here is how it will work:
- We will ask you to write down 3 things you would like to learn in the workshop you choose, and/or common problems that you experience with instruments. This information is important. Remember these workshops are for you, so your input will be important to the process.
- We will contact you about how to make payment.
- We will keep you updated as the event comes closer
If you are interested in attending more workshops, or workshops at alternative times, please contact us with suggestions, so that we can accommodate you as best we can.1. Weekdays during school hours2. Weeknights3. Weekends4. School holidays
As a woodwind technician of 25 years, I am very excited to be able to present this information to you. It is not every day that I get to speak with clients in such detail about these topics. I see so many problems presented here at the repair workshop that could easily be avoided if the knowledge were to be made available more widely.All of us at Ozwinds Brisbane are excited to meet you and provide you with the best information and expertise that we possibly can. If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to contact us at any time.