About: Flute Hands-On Workshop
Ozwinds Woodwind Repair is presenting instrumental maintenance and hands-on workshops to provide you with the knowledge and expertise to improve your educational outcomes. Instrumental teachers will be able to use these workshops to accumulate PD accreditation.
Here’s what you’ll find on this page. There are 3 parts:
- Date and time details for the Clarinet workshop
- A brief summary of what will be involved in the workshop
- The action you need to take right now
If you know you are interested in attending, skip straight to section 3.
Section 1. Event Details
• Date: See dates listed in Events Calendar
• Duration: 4.5hrs
• Venue: Ozwinds, Stones Corner
• Limit of 5 attendees
• Deposit: $150 (needed to secure your seat)
• Topic: Hands-on flute maintenance and basic troubleshooting
Section 2. Summary of the Events
The workshop will involve hands-on activities to help you diagnose real-life problems with flutes and equip you with the knowledge for some very basic repairs that you can do yourself. In most cases this should help you to troubleshoot problems until you can visit your local technician.
What you will learn:
• How to test for leaks on a flute
• Various reasons for leaks in flutes
• How to disassemble and reassemble keys on a flute
• How to use the flute’s adjusting screws to your best advantage
• When adjusting screws will not help you
• Other basic emergency repairs you can do yourself
• How to care for flutes to avoid most problems.
• What emergency repair kits can be put together to keep at your music department
• Information sheets to summarise what you have learned.
Section 3. What you need to do right now
All you need to do is to click the Register button at the bottom of this page. Here is how it works:
- We will ask you to write down 3 things you would like to learn in the workshop you choose, and/or common problems that you experience with Flutes. This information is important. Remember these workshops are for you, so your input will be important to the process.
- We will redirect you to the payment page so that you can secure your seat.
- We will keep you updated as the event comes closer
If you are interested in attending more workshops, or workshops at alternative times, please contact us with suggestions, so that we can accommodate you as best we can.
1. Weekdays during school hours
4. School holidays
As a woodwind technician of 25 years, I am very excited to be able to present this information to you. It is not every day that I get to speak with clients in such detail about these topics. I see so many problems presented here at the repair workshop that could easily be avoided if the knowledge were to be made available more widely.
All of us at Ozwinds Brisbane are excited to meet you and provide you with the best information and expertise that we possibly can. If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to contact us at any time.